White Scout Car - Butlers Printed Models with Rubicon Crew


So having finished off the Universal Carrier for the Guards I’ve added another Lend Lease wagon - a White Scout Car.

With the capacity for eight dismounts I’ll be using this to run assault troops up an objective - either veterans loaded with SMGs or the mounted recce squad from the Budapest campaign book. 

The Scout Car is from Butlers Printed Models. As with all printed models it carries a texture which I quite like. The only area where I think the detail has suffered appreciably is the weapons which are a bit too blocky for my tastes. Might replace them in due course.
The crew models are Rubicon’s. I like sculpts, particularly the drivers padded cap and goggles. The blister came with an additional gunner which I have not used yet. Scale wise they work well with the Scout Car although the driver took a bit of wedging in. The Rubicon scale is a shade smaller than the Warlord models but not enough to be distracting I think. As with the Universal Carrier I added additional stowage and weapons in the crew compartment as well as a spare wheel on the bonnet - it felt a plain without a little dressing up.

Finally, I added the swallow emblem for the 15th Guards Mech Bde. Overall I’m pretty pleased with it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budapest Campaign - Counter-attack at Pestszentimre

Budapest Campaign - Flak Regt 133

Budapest Campaign - Street Fighting in Pest