Partisans - a break from khaki...

The great drawback of WW2 collections has got to be the repetitiveness of the colour schemes. 

Happily the addition of irregular force elements is a welcome break and a chance to paint something with a wider selection of colours. I’ve been looking for a partisan set for a while but hadn’t come across one that I like until recently. I’m not a big fan of metal as I prefer working with plastics - ease of glue and cutting etc.

So it was good news when Wargames Atlantic announced they were releasing their new French partisan set. I’m now four dudes in to this set and am pretty pleased with it.

The set has 32 figures offering pretty good value for money. The figures are nice - reasonable poses although only having four different bodies in the set there’s a danger of them being repetitive. The spruce has a good selection of weapons although I would have liked another rifle on there - at present each spruce only has two rifles on them which means the squads are going to be bit too heavy on SMGs for my liking.

That said the poses for the arms are good and the range of heads will allow for plenty of variety.

Worth noting that these models scale well with the rest of my Warlord kits which will allow some simple solutions to the number of rifles issue. For example the guy on the left here has been given a Gewehr ‘43 from the German Grenadiers kit by Warlord. The arms are a fraction over scale but only a fraction - not enough to upset me. Meanwhile the chap in the red coat has a rifle from the Soviet Infantry set slung over his back. 

All in I think the WA team have done a good job on these. I’ll be looking to make up a ten man squad of factory militia types, a ten man Soviet partisan squad and lastly a Volksturm squad in due course.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budapest Campaign - Counter-attack at Pestszentimre

Budapest Campaign - Flak Regt 133

Budapest Campaign - Street Fighting in Pest